(serves 2 persons)
- Spaghetti or pasta of your choice 150 gms
- Pesto 2 table-spoonful
- Parmesan cheese 50gms
- Garlic 2-3 cloves (finely chopped)
- Cherry tomatoes 10-12 pieces (cut in halves)
- Carrots 1 large/2 small pieces (finely chopped/shredded)
- Colorful bell pepper 1 cup (chopped)
- Mushroom 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Sweet corn kernels 1/2 cup
- Olives 10-12 pieces
- Paprika/chili/black pepper powder according to test
- Oil 2 tea-spoonful
- Salt according to test
- Dried oregano 1/2 tea-spoonful
- Dried basil 1/2 tea-spoonful
- Warm water 1/2 cup
- Boil the spaghetti (or pasta of your choice) in water and add a generous pinch of salt. Drain the water using a strainer, put a tea-spoonful of oil on it, mix it well, and keep it aside.
- Put a pan on medium heat, put a tea-spoonful of oil (preferably olive oil) in it. Put the finely chopped garlic and fry for a minute. The less you fry the garlic, the stronger will be the smell of garlic.
- Add the shredded carrots, bell pepper, and mushroom slices and fry them for 2 minutes. Now add the corn kernels, olives and fry everything for another minute.
- Add a pinch of salt, the paprika powder, or the black-pepper powder according to your test, the dried herbs (basil, oregano), and around 2 table-spoonful of pesto. Add half a cup of warm water and mix everything, put a lid on it for 2 minutes.
- Simmer the heat. Then take off the lid, add the boiled pasta, mix everything.
- Add the halved tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese, mix on light hand and cover the lid for 1 more minute on low heat.
- Turn off the heat. Serve it on a plate. Top it with a bit more parmesan, halved tomatoes. If you love, then you can sprinkle a bit more dried herbs. Spice lovers can also sprinkle chili flakes.
- Serve it hot. You can easily store it in a container in the refrigerator for a week.
My food story
Non-vegetarians can also add some meat to the dish. You can cut up some sausages or chop up some ham or bacon toss them with the vegetables and add them in the pasta. If store-bought pesto is not available to you or you wan to make it from scratch then we have the recipes for three variations of delicious pesto, which I will share with you soon. I also often make the sauce with the vegetables, herbs, spices and preserve it in the refrigerator for a week. For a fresh dinner, I boil some pasta, pour some sauce on it, top it with a bit more parmesan, halved tomatoes, and microwave everything for a couple of minutes.