My food story
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- carrots, 1kg, shredded
- Coconut flakes/scrapes 100gms
- Full-fat milk 1 liter or condensed milk 300 ml
- Raisins 1/2 cup
- Dry roasted cashews 1/4 cup (broken into small uneven pieces)
- Dry roasted Almonds 1/4 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Sugar 1 cup or around 10-12 tea-spoonful
- Ghee 2 table-spoonful
- If you are not using store-bought condensed milk, then put a pan on medium heat and reduce the milk to one-third of its original volume. Cool it down a bit.
- Dry roast the almonds and cut them into slices. Dry roast the cashews to break them into uneven pieces.
- Take a big round bowl. Add ghee in liquid form for ease of mixing with other ingredients. Add the condensed milk, coconut scrapes, and raisins, cashews, and almonds, sugar, vanilla essence. Remember to adjust sugar as store-bought condensed milk often packs up a high amount of sugar in it. You can replace sugar with other sweeteners like honey or stevia. Mix well. If the mixture is too runny, then you can add a little bit of corn-flour to get it into cake-batter consistency.
- Grease an oven-proof pan with ghee or place a butter-paper in it. Pour the mixture in the pan and flatten the top by tapping the pan on a flat surface. This will release any air bubbles trapped inside.
- Let it bake in the oven for around 20 minutes in 170 degrees. The time may vary depending on the consistency.
- Keep it on the check and once the top starts to get golden, get it out of the oven. Let it cool and refrigerate for a few hours. Once it hardens, cut them into small pieces of your choice before serving as dessert. If you prefer soft gooey desserts, then you can directly scoop it up into your bowl. Unlike most desserts, it tastes equally amazing when served hot.
- You can easily store it in an air-tight container or a jar in the refrigerator for a month.
Some moments during…
Share your feedback with us
Did you try this recipe at home? Did you like it? Feel free to let us know anything and everything you have to tell us about your experience making it and how it tasted. Share your precious feedback with us in any of the following ways:
1) Leave a comment down below
2) Share a picture of your dish on Instagram and tag us @moitreesikigai, follow us there
3) Check out our Facebook page “Moitree’s Ikigai” and connect with us, like, follow, and leave a comment there
4) Check us out in Pinterest
5) Check our videos in Youtube. Like, share, subscribe us there
6) Follow and subscribe this webpage for not to miss any update
With love, always,