If you prefer savory food to sweet and look for more savory recipes for breakfast in the crowd of oats and cereals, then here is the perfect recipe for you. Actually there are three different flavors that we experimented with and each one came out of the oven more delicious than the other.
Never go out of options in breakfast and make eggs exciting. Who said muffins can only be sweet! They are colorful and your kids will love them in their lunchbox.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- 12 eggs
- pepper powder
- garlic powder
- dried parsley
- red chili flakes
- dried and chopped shallots
- cheese cubes (we used Gouda, Edam and Mimolette)
- Take muffin molds and brush/spray oil on the inside walls of the molds.
- Break eggs into the molds, one in every mold.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in all of them according to your taste.
- Flavor 1: Sprinkle chili flakes, avoid using pepper powder if you do not like your egg to be too spicy.
- Flavor 2: Add a cheese cube per mold, which will submerge in the egg immediately, else push it inside with a finger. Sprinkle garlic powder and dried parsley on top.
- Flavor 3: Sprinkle fine chopped shallots (fresh or dried) on the top.
- Put them on a rack and throw into your oven for 12-15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius or 355 Fahrenheit. The time may vary depending on the type of oven and its power.
- Let it cool for a minute. Once it hardens, the muffins will separate from the mold walls easily.
- You can easily store it in the refrigerator for a week. Do not forget to heat it for a minute before you enjoy it.
- Enjoy them with bread and coffee or other hot drinks that you love drinking for breakfast.
- We tried sprinkling different toppings to bring out different flavors for the pleasure of your taste buds. Feel free to add your favorite toppings for eggs.
- Shallots tend to burn very easily, so pay attention to the muffins with shallots toppings.
- The time of baking varies significantly depending on the kind of egg yolks you prefer. The outside hardens soon after putting the molds in the oven. So if you prefer runny yolks, get your muffins out of the oven a couple of minutes early.
Some moments during…
Share your feedback with us
Did you try this recipe at home? Did you like it? Feel free to let us know anything and everything you have to tell us about your experience making it and how it tasted. Share your precious feedback with us in any of the following ways:
1) Leave a comment down below
2) Share a picture of your dish on Instagram and tag us @moitreesikigai, follow us there
3) Check out our Facebook page “Moitree’s Ikigai” and connect with us, like, follow, and leave a comment there
4) Check us out in Pinterest
5) Check our videos in Youtube. Like, share, subscribe us there
6) Follow and subscribe this webpage for not to miss any update
With love, always,