My food story
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- bell peppers 9, big, whole
- yellow onion 1, medium (finely chopped)
- spring onion (finely chopped)
- garlic 5-6 cloves (finely chopped)
- ginger 5-6 cloves (finely chopped)
- red chili 5-6 pieces (finely chopped)
- olive oil 1 table-spoonful
- salt according to test
- black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoonful
- brown sugar 1 table-spoonful
- sesame seeds
- corn kernels
- soy sauce
- Add a big yellow onion and keep it aside. Also chop some generous amount of garlic.
- Wash the button mushrooms thoroughly. Alternatively drain the water if you are using canned mushroom. If button mushroom is not available, feel free to use other mushroom and cut them into chunks in the size of common button mushrooms.
- Put a pan on the stove. Add a heaped table-spoonful of butter to the pan and let it heat up.
- Add the chopped onion and fry for two minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and sauté some more.
- After frying them till the mushrooms release the water and the water evaporates, add the white wine. Let the wine evaporate as well. Alternatively use white vinegar.
- Then add the chopped garlic, chili flakes, pepper powder, salt. Mix everything well.
- Add the thyme and parsley. Fry till the mushrooms turn brown.
- Add a bit of honey to balance the other flavors.
- Turn the heat off and let it rest for two minutes. It’s ready to eat.
- They go really well as sides to your mashed potatoes or rice. Serve it hot. You can easily store it in the refrigerator for a week. This dish is appropriate for vegetarians and vegans and does not disappoint the non-vegetarians as well.
Some moments during…
Share your feedback with us
Did you try this recipe at home? Did you like it? Feel free to let us know anything and everything you have to tell us about your experience making it and how it tasted. Share your precious feedback with us in any of the following ways:
1) Leave a comment down below
2) Share a picture of your dish on Instagram and tag us @moitreesikigai, follow us there
3) Check out our Facebook page “Moitree’s Ikigai” and connect with us, like, follow, and leave a comment there
4) Check us out in Pinterest
5) Check our videos in Youtube. Like, share, subscribe us there
6) Follow and subscribe this webpage for not to miss any update
With love, always,