My food story
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- small-grain rice/milk rice 50 gms
- ghee 1 tea-spoonful
- bay leaf 2 pieces
- cardamom 6-7 pieces, powdered
- cashews 1 small handful
- raisins 1 big handful
- pistachio chopped, 1 small handful
- almond sliced, 1 small handful
- milk 1 litre
- brown sugar 100 gms/ 1.5 cup
- pink himalayan salt 1 pinch
- Take a bowl, big enough to hold all the material. The bowl should preferably be round for the ease of mixing everything.
- Mash the ripe banana with a fork.
- Beat the yogurt into a smooth consistency and get rid of any lumps.
- Then add the oats, chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds, pinch of salt, cinnamon powder and roll everything with soft hands,
- Pour the mixture in the serving bowl.
- Let it sit in your refrigerator overnight. You can keep it outside if its winter and the room temperature is cool enough for the oats to not go bad.
- Get them out of your refrigerator, and they are good to be consumed. You can simply heat it up for a couple of minutes if you want your oats to be hot and gooey.
- We do not generally add extra sweeteners as the banana and the cinnamon powder gives enough sweetness to our taste. But feel free to add a bit of honey, sugar or other sweeteners of your choice.
- Here we have used yogurt, you can easily swap it by non-dairy or plant-based yogurts of your choice. In absence of that, milk of your choice is also a nice substitution. Both will add some healthy protein to your oats.
- You can store in refrigerator for a week, given the banana is not overripe and the yogurt is fresh enough to not go sour in a week.
- We prefer eating them as breakfast as oats is filling and low in Glycemic index to release energy slowly throughout the day without making you hungry and bananas are rich in natural sugar to give you a boost after whole night of fasting. Pumpkin seeds and walnuts gives the crunch and act as healthy fat sources.
Some moments during…
Share your feedback with us
Did you try this recipe at home? Did you like it? Feel free to let us know anything and everything you have to tell us about your experience making it and how it tasted. Share your precious feedback with us in any of the following ways:
1) Leave a comment down below
2) Share a picture of your dish on Instagram and tag us @moitreesikigai, follow us there
3) Check out our Facebook page “Moitree’s Ikigai” and connect with us, like, follow, and leave a comment there
4) Check us out in Pinterest
5) Check our videos in Youtube. Like, share, subscribe us there
6) Follow and subscribe this webpage for not to miss any update
With love, always,